Without expertise in philanthropic planning many donors procrastinate in creating an impactful giving plan, even if they would like to leave a lasting legacy and experience financial benefits! With our Advisor On-Call Program, we assist your nonprofit and your donors in helping to implement the appropriate gift which best fits their circumstances.
- There are not enough hours in a day or enough staff available to have sufficient gift planning discussions leading to an impactful gift for the donors as well as the nonprofit.
- Often, fundraising professionals are afraid to enter into the gift and estate planning conversation with their donors because they “don’t know enough” about these technical topics or how to identify the best gift planning tool for a donor’s situation.
- Even more seasoned fundraising professionals may find themselves getting too deep into the gift planning conversation for their own comfort
The Advisor On-Call Program
- CGRC provides practical gift planning technical assistance via phone to the fundraiser who is working with a donor.
- The professional fundraiser would call our Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) professionals, many of whom are also Chartered Advisors in Philanthropy® (CAP®), to ask how best to approach a given donor’s situation from a tax and planned giving perspective.
- The professional fundraiser would also offer the donor the opportunity to call our Certified Financial Planner™ professionals directly to discuss their situation confidentially.
- Provides you with direct access to our professional team for peer-to-peer discussions and advice. Collectively, this group brings a breadth of expertise in financial, charitable estate planning, business succession and advising, multigenerational planning, and much more.
Program Length and Investment
The Advisor On-Call Program is a 12-month contract based on a retainer fee for planned giving expertise for your nonprofit staff and to your donors.